How to use western herbs in pediatrics
Saterday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 17:00 a.m.
with Jeremy Ross
Strength and health of children in the modern world have steadily declined over the past 50 years, mainly due to the following factors:
- the increasing amount of medicines for children
- increasingly poor nutrition
- increasing lack of parental time with children
- excessive time spent in front of the television and playing video games
- lack of physical activity and time outdoors
Date: 11.02.-12.02.2023, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to approx. 5:00 p.m.
Language: English with German translation
Seminar location: Live webinar (online with zoom)
Price: € 420,- (incl. VAT)
These new disease factors have resulted in the following:
- increasing weakness and lack of energy
- increasing weakening of the immune system
- increasing allergic diseases
- increasing recurrent infections
- increasing behavioral problems
- increase of attention and concentration problems
- Western medicinal plants and formulations
Dosage, administration, and safety are discussed when using Western medicinal plants for babies, children, and teens.
Jeremy Ross has developed a number of formulations for children’s ailments. The following indications will be discussed in detail in this webinar:
- Lack of energy and depression
- Digestive disorders in infants and children
- Recurrent infections: Retained pathogens
- Chronic respiratory diseases: Cough
- ADHD: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Interaction between phytotherapy and conventional medicine
The formulations can be used to:
- improve the results of conventional medicine
- reduce the side effects of conventional medicine
- replace conventional medicine where appropriate
Case studies from participants
Participants are invited to present and discuss their own acute patients. Case history forms will be provided for this purpose prior to the webinar.
Emphasis will be placed on working through case examples and providing ongoing education for participants. Case studies or tasks on materia medica or prescribing are carried out by the participants in groups during the webinar or optionally in the follow-up. In this way, everyone is prepared for the systematic approach to complex disease processes.
Who can benefit from this course? This course is suitable for practitioners with a basic understanding of the organ syndromes of Chinese medicine. For example, acupuncture practitioners, Western herbalists, and Chinese herbalists. No prior training in Western or Chinese herbal medicine is required.
New integrated system of herbal medicine The emphasis in this course is on using Western herbs according to Jeremy’s new integrated system of Chinese medicine, Western herbal tradition, and modern pharmacology.
4 Imbalances and 5 Organs
The heart of this new system is the concept that all illness can be defined in terms of the 4 main things that go wrong with energy of the body: Deficiency, Stagnation, Disturbance, and Excess. The principles of treatment to correct these Imbalances are tonify, move, calm, and drain respectively.
The following 2 textbooks are useful for the course:
- Eine Klinische Materia Medica by Jeremy Ross
- Die Rezepturen: Der sichere Weg zur individuellen Verschreibung by Jeremy Ross
Phytotherapy made easy: How to find the exact medicinal plant for your patients’ ailments. With our app you can use the wealth of knowledge and experience of Jeremy Ross and prescribe effective medicinal plant prescriptions for your satisfied patients – quickly and safely. It is often cumbersome to spend a long time searching through books for suitable prescriptions for your patients. We have made this easy: with the Phytotherapy App according to Jeremy Ross. The digital solution that facilitates recipe selection and modification in your practice. Based on the book “The Prescriptions”, Jeremy Ross and Prof. Dr. Erich Wühr have developed the Phytotherapy App, which is an optimal basis for prescribing for every patient session.
Jeremy Ross Jeremy Ross has a BSc in biology from the University of Birmingham, specializing in plant physiology and biochemistry. He graduated from the National Institute of Medical Herbalists UK in 1982, and gained a doctorate in acupuncture from the British College of Acupuncture in 1985. In 1988 he completed a two-year training in Chinese herbal medicine with Ted Kaptchuk, followed by further training at the International College in Nanjing, China. After 17 years of clinical practice in Bristol, England, he practiced for 10 years in Seattle, USA, and in 2004 returned back to Bristol. For 25 years, Jeremy Ross has specialized on the integration of Western Herbs, Chinese Medicine, and Phytopharmacology. He is the author of three textbooks on this topic.
Location: Live-Webinar (online with Zoom)
Price: € 420,- (incl. VAT)