How to Treat Depressive Disorders with Western Herb Combinations
Saturday and Sunday von 9:00 am to 17:00 pm
with Jeremy Ross
Here comes the sun!
Depression is one of the most common illnesses affecting people of all ages. This webinar includes herbal combinations that help bring light, warmth and energy back into people’s lives.
Date: expected 2023, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 AM to 17:00 PM
Language: english with german translation
Location: Live-Webinar (online on Zoom)
Price: € 390,- (incl. VAT)
Light, warmth, and energy Depression is one of the commonest disorders affecting people of all ages.
This course describes herb combinations to help to bring back light, warmth, and energy into peoples lives.
Combinations to help to bring back a positive outlook and an enjoyment of all aspects of life, whether work, relationships, or simply joy in being alive.
Herb-drug interactions Where possible, Jeremy will discuss potential herb drug interactions, and situations where herbs can complement or replace medical drugs.
- depression in conventional medicine
- depression criteria
- types of depression
- medications causing depression
Medications for depression
- comparison of types of antidepressants
- antidepressant side effects
- depression and 4 Imbalances
- depression and the 5 Elements
- depression and the Chinese Organ syndromes
- Jeremy will briefly describe and compare 30 herbs that can be used for depression
- herbs and herb combinations for depression from Jeremy’s forthcoming book
- Jeremy will briefly describe and compare 30 of his special herbs combinations that can be used for depression
- Jeremy will describe in full detail at least 6 of these combinations
- you can use these combinations in the clinic immediately after this course, and you are given full details for safe and effective use
- Jeremy will discuss 3 Case histories in detail
- these case histories are provided by the class participants
Who can benefit from this course? This course is suitable for practitioners with a basic understanding of the organ syndromes of Chinese medicine. For example, acupuncture practitioners, Western herbalists, and Chinese herbalists. No prior training in Western or Chinese herbal medicine is required.
New integrated system of herbal medicine The emphasis in this course is on using Western herbs according to Jeremy’s new integrated system of Chinese medicine, Western herbal tradition, and modern pharmacology.
4 Imbalances and 5 Organs
The heart of this new system is the concept that all illness can be defined in terms of the 4 main things that go wrong with energy of the body: Deficiency, Stagnation, Disturbance, and Excess. The principles of treatment to correct these Imbalances are tonify, move, calm, and drain respectively.
The following 2 textbooks are useful for the course:
- Eine Klinische Materia Medica by Jeremy Ross
- Die Rezepturen: Der sichere Weg zur individuellen Verschreibung by Jeremy Ross
Phytotherapy made easy: How to find the exact medicinal plant for your patients’ ailments. With our app you can use the wealth of knowledge and experience of Jeremy Ross and prescribe effective medicinal plant prescriptions for your satisfied patients – quickly and safely. It is often cumbersome to spend a long time searching through books for suitable prescriptions for your patients. We have made this easy: with the Phytotherapy App according to Jeremy Ross. The digital solution that facilitates recipe selection and modification in your practice. Based on the book “The Prescriptions”, Jeremy Ross and Prof. Dr. Erich Wühr have developed the Phytotherapy App, which is an optimal basis for prescribing for every patient session.
By registering for the webinar, you will have the opportunity to use the Phytotherapy App for 3 months free of charge. After the webinar registration, you will receive an email explaining how to get the free access.
Jeremy Ross Jeremy Ross has a BSc in biology from the University of Birmingham, specializing in plant physiology and biochemistry. He graduated from the National Institute of Medical Herbalists UK in 1982, and gained a doctorate in acupuncture from the British College of Acupuncture in 1985. In 1988 he completed a two-year training in Chinese herbal medicine with Ted Kaptchuk, followed by further training at the International College in Nanjing, China. After 17 years of clinical practice in Bristol, England, he practiced for 10 years in Seattle, USA, and in 2004 returned back to Bristol. For 25 years, Jeremy Ross has specialized on the integration of Western Herbs, Chinese Medicine, and Phytopharmacology. He is the author of three textbooks on this topic.
Location: Live-Webinar (online with Zoom)
Price: € 390,- (incl. VAT)